Designed exclusively to protect substations
The patented TransGard System was designed exclusively to protect substations from outage caused by squirrels, raccoons, cats, snakes and other animals. TransGard fences deliver a mild electric shock that deters climbing animals but won’t harm them, or humans – a humane approach that, according to an IEEE survey, offers the most effective barrier against animal incursion.
The patented TransGard System offers unique design features that provide exceptional animal deterrence – and years of uninterrupted performance:
- Freestanding design TransGard fencing installs on the ground, requiring no postholes, foundation or concrete. TransGard requires far less material, expense and time than a perimeter fence.
- Easy installation A crew of three can complete a 300-foot TransGard enclosure in just four hours with basic tools – no special training, no heavy equipment, and no power interruption required during installation.
- Modular fence panels The system’s basic building block, the 4’ x 10’ panel, creates a modular design – any section can be used as hinged gateway, providing quick maintenance access. Substations can easily reuse panels, reconfigure a fence, or add new panels to expand a system.
- Engineered entryway The system offers substation access through a non-electrified entry system, designed with a smooth finish and tightclearances to prevent animal intruders.
- Durable materials TransGard’s PVC and steel construction requires no scheduled maintenance – and offers the advantage of a 20-year track record of service in all weather conditions.
- Galvanized steel bases Specially designed circular stand bases create a strong, level fencing system.
- Snake protection TransGard’s optional snake prevention panels deter snakes as small as 1/4” in diameter.